Saturday, July 21, 2007

Who wants to go to Bear Lake!!!???

Allright I know that you are all probably thinking... hello.... we have like , a year to make a decision about the next reunion place, chill out katy!...
But hey I am excited to have just as much fun if not more than this year!

My dad and I went on a road trip to Sun Valley this weekend and we decided to go the long way up through Bear lake.... Wow, it is the coolest place ever! I really think that we need to put this place in the top 5 places to go for next years reunion!
Okay, here are some cool things about bear lake...
The water is so beautiful, The unique color is due to the reflection of the limestone deposits suspended in the lake... Bear Lake is often called the Caribbean of the Rockies!...Cool
They have the best Raspberries... and Shakes ... Jenn will testify of this!
The Beach is so great for little people and for us older folks too... the water at this beach is so shallow and warm, Avy was having the best time finding all kinds of different sea shells. The water is shallow enough for the little kids and once you get past the sand bar it gets deeper for the older kids.
Garden City is very close and they have sea doo and boat rentals, they also have scooter and 4 wheeler rentals.
Oh yeah... you can drive your car right down to the beach and ... get this... its Free!
I don't know, I think that this place is going to be hard to beat!!!
I still really like the idea of staying at the Beaver Creek Lodge in Logan Canyon, it is only 13 miles from Garden City... If you have not checked out the web site yet... Please do!http://www.beavercreeklodge.com/



4 comments:

Cox family said...

Hi friends.... this place is Cracka lackin! Count me in I want to go horse back riding and roast mallows and sing songs around the camp fire!!!

Cox family said...

I want to go camping in one of those king size beds!

Lizzy Lou said...

Now I have been spoiled, I HAVE to have a shower in camp! And that sink was the most fabulous!!!! I mean the sink in the kitchen. That kitchen- sink sprayer was the best in-camp improvement over the last year. Over the last 25 years. And hot water was great too.. Remember when Aunt Jane used to wash her hair in mini Winnie Creek and have neuro damage for the next four hours due to brain freeze. See I really am spoiled!!. Besides I really had fun making the body/shower gel baskets for the group and I can't do that if we don't have showers. See the logic?????? Must have showers.

The Donnells said...

So are you going to get royalties from the Tundra ad you just posted? It does look fun though. I love that one of the first things Mom said was that the baby would be born just in time for the reunion.