Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring means... bring on the New!

Hello fellow family people... Katy here, just had some time and wanted to make a few changes to the blog, its spring, well soon enough... and thought that we needed a new look and some new pics and such. Hope that you don't mind.

Here are some topics for discusion about some family related things:

- Becky had mentioned in her blog that she thought that it would be cool to put together some kind of book of pictures of all of the fun memorable items that belonged to gram, along with a list of where all of the items are and who has them. I am with Becky on this one, that sounds like a groovy idea. What does everyone think about that? And, who wants to be in charge???

- I have had a few people ask about all of the pictures that were shown at Grams Memorial, Sue was the one who had the pictures and she sent them to me to put in a slide show... I have all of the pics and if any of you would like a copy of them just leave a comment or email me and Sue or I can send them to you.

- This summer, as most of you know, we are planning a trip to Sheridan for grams burial. I personaly think that we should take full advantage and turn this into the Family Reunion to end all Family Reunions, well... you know what I mean... just think, all of us back in sheridan, livin it up on main street... sounds like fun to me!

Here is what I think...
Wouldn't it be fun to find a big cabin or house to all stay together... or I think that Aunt Lois had said to try and find separate little cabins for each family that are all grouped together. Here is a little info on what I have found... You can check it here...http://www.vrbo.com/146294

Welcome to the Sheridan Cottages, a completely new and unique lodging alternative. You will note the distinct style of the each cottage when you walk through the front door.

Your own personal cottage is decorated with a combination of charm and elegance. All the comforts of home are in place for a relaxing, extended stay, including the kitchen. All cottages are equipped with high speed internet, land line telephone access, cable television, and a laundry facility is on site.

New to the town of Sheridan, these five cottages are tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with their own outdoor common space, off-street parking, and a view of the Big Horn Mountains you won't believe! Minutes away by car, bicycle, or your own foot power you'll find all that our historic western town has to offer!



Any thoughts, Ideas, comments...?

Well, that is all that I have to say about that... Please feel free to leave comments, or post something yourself.

Love ya, see ya!

4 comments:

Sue said...

I took lots of pictures of Gram's treasures and I would be happy to burn a disc for whoever wants to compile the stories. I won't have time to take on that project, but I'm happy to provide the pictures.

I called the Sheridan Cottages and there are only two 1 bedroom units available for July 9-14. The weekly rate is $695 (cheaper than 5 nights at the nightly rate of $165.) So if anyone wants them, you'd better hurry and book before the rest of the rodeo crowd takes them!

We might be able to get a good group rate at a hotel if we book 8 or 10 rooms. There should be some with small kitchenettes and if we're all in the same hotel, but in separate rooms, we can party together or have our own private space depending on our mood. I think it will be better if everyone pays for their own room, then there won't money collecting issues. I'll look into where we might be able to get a good group rate.

Nice work getting the ball rolling, Kade! I like what Mom said in an email recently, "I wondered why plans for a reunion this summer wouldn't seem to gel. Now I know it's because we're going to Sheridan!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sue, for doing some homework, I like the idea of all of us staying at a hotel... I can just see the all night gamers in one room, the chatty Aunts in one room and all of the crazy kiddos in another... and of course... there will be a room for those that want to just go to bed early.

Becky in Wyo said...

Does anyone remember what the decent hotels were in town?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.